College Advising at LCA is based on a deep commitment to partnering with students, parents and guardians. The center of our work involves frequent one-on-one meetings with students. Personal connection is an essential part of the process for every one of our seniors.
Highlights of the formal program include:
- Naviance self-assessment tools, offered in a workshop setting, encourage thinking about unique interests and abilities
- Scheduled opportunities to research colleges and identify strong matches for each student
- Teachers and advisors guide students to envision, write, and revise college essays that demonstrate strong writing and great personal insight
- Frequent individual meetings with our staff help direct students in developing a well-articulated list of achievements and goals
- Our office helps finalize the application office
- Students are supported throughout the year to meet application deadlines