Our Mission & Core Values
Lexington Christian Academy is an independent college preparatory school that exists to educate young men and women in the arts and sciences in the context of a complete commitment to the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
Lexington Christian Academy (LCA) was founded in 1946 with the belief that faith and learning are key and inseparable components of Christian education. As a school that was born out of the evangelical movement in New England, our founders believed that excellent college preparatory education was possible without compromising the Christian philosophy of the school. This critical component of our school is captured in the name of the institution – Lexington Christian Academy. LCA is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges and defines itself as a Christian college-preparatory school.
Our Core Values:
- GLORIFYING GOD - We seek to glorify God in all activities and relationships as well as in the use of the resources God has given us. Our Christian faith in God is woven into the fabric of LCA, its classes, clubs and activities, rehearsals, performances, practices and games.
- PARTNERSHIP - We view education as a partnership between faculty, staff, students, parents, alumni and board members. LCA is a community where we work together and encourage one another to achieve our individual and common goals. Open communication is central to this partnership.
- TRUTH - We acknowledge absolute truth, as revealed in God's Word, and its relevance to our lives. LCA’s teachers and staff are committed to helping students discover the truth, to think critically in the classroom and in real life.
- RESPECT - Each person is created in God's image and therefore is treated with respect. Respect is at the foundation of all we do - respect for one another and for each others’ ideas.
- EXCELLENCE- Continuous improvement and the pursuit of excellence underlies all that we do – academically, creatively and athletically. It is our goal to help each student, faculty and staff achieve his or her very best.
- HONESTY - Our relationships and academic performance are based on honesty and fairness. LCA is a safe place. Our work is safe from being copied. There is trust between the students and faculty. We compete fairly and with integrity.