Moodle is LCA’s intranet – a place for teachers to post their syllabi, assignments and resources and the administration to post resources and information for parents.
To see what is going on in your student’s classes or to get information:
Watch this video. NOTE: Once you click on the link and see the Jing window, scroll down so that you do not see any of the Jing banner, just the purple screen.
You may also follow these directions:
1. Go to http://classes.lca.edu/.
2. On the left hand side of the screen, you will see a list of “Categories”. Click on the correct department or Parent Information. For example, to see British Literature, click on English.
3. The classes are listed in alphabetical order and have the name of the teacher after the class name. Click on the correct class.
4. The login screen should appear.
a. You may log in as a guest. Click on the gray button: “Login as a guest”. You will be prompted for a password. Ask your student for the password.
b. Your student may login using his or her school username and password.
5. All handouts and assignments should be listed out. Note: Assignments usually have a little hand holding a piece of paper to the left of the assignment name.
6. Assignments & Resources (handouts) are also listed on the top left section of the screen under Activities.
For more information, please contact your student's teacher or the Tech Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Moodle is “a course management system designed to help educators… The software is used all over the world by universities, schools, companies and independent teachers… Moodle is open source and completely free to use.” (http://www.moodle.com/)