One of LCA’s core values is partnership. This includes developing and enriching a distinct partnership with each of its parents. We try to grow that partnership in a variety of ways including:
- Matching up new, incoming parents with a current parent(s)
- Organizing an orientation meeting in August for all new parents in grades six through nine
- Ensuring that your student's faculty advisor (FA) contacts you in September. The FA is an important link between LCA and your family, serving as a point-of-contact for you. If you have a question or concern, your FA is a perfect place to begin dialogues.
- Hosting a ‘parent’s back to school night’ in mid September.
- Overseeing a Parent Relations Council (PRC) that exists to help develop a strong sense of community within each grade’s ‘mini-community’ of parents. There are two couples that are representatives for each grade. They arrange for two or three social events each year for the class parents to get to know each other.
- Encouraging each grade to be ‘lead’ volunteers at one school event: for example, the junior class parents plan and prepare each year’s Senior Tea, which is the first of several official graduation week activities. Other grades run the graduation reception, the MS awards celebration, the 8th grade auction (for the class trip to DC), and the reception for the ‘back to school night.’
- Offering a series of seminars entitled “Growing Young Sages” for ninth-grade parents. These provide an opportunity for parents to learn more about some of the contemporary culture’s impact on their children and how we can help grow a more ‘life-giving’ culture here at LCA and at home. These seminars are also a great occasion to get to know other ninth grade parents.
- Providing numerous opportunities for parents to volunteer through out the year.
- Inviting parents to help with our Interim program. Each year several parents offer courses on topics in which they are knowledgeable - whether through their professions or hobbies. Many other parents volunteer "behind-the-scenes".
- Email a weekly edition of the “LINK” to all parents to keep them abreast of school news.
Again, if you have any questions, concerns or something positive you want to share, please contact your child's faculty advisor, teacher, Academy administrator, or Parent Rep. Welcome to the LCA parent community. We look forward to getting to know you and to partnering with you to help ensure your child's success at LCA!