Although we are providing a separate web tab devoted to "spiritual life", spiritual life is not separated out or compartmentalized here at LCA. We seek to weave together faith, learning and life throughout the entire scope of Academy life. Teachers often give devotions or pray before class starts. Student chaplains give homeroom devotions and lead prayers three times a week. Our weekly morning Assembly, begins with a student chaplain or another student leader offer morning devotions. Sports teams pray. Students serve. Seniors sing in the hallway. Adults model. Our Christian faith is infused throughout all the arenas of the LCA community.
LCA’s Spiritual Life Goals
It is LCA's desire that as the following goals are achieved, our students will be more enabled to glorify God and enjoy Him forever. We earnestly hope, throughout their LCA careers, that all of our students will grow spiritually, such that:
- They will recognize Jesus Christ as Savior and will make Him Lord of their lives, developing a life-long dependence upon God.
- They will study the Bible, know the history of God's dealing with His people, and be able to articulate their faith and defend their convictions.
- They will learn to think Christianly: becoming strong critical thinkers, well informed and influenced by the Christian worldview.
- They will develop a lifestyle consistent with their convictions.
- They will be trained to offer spiritual leadership in their homes and communities.
- They will interact perceptively and wisely with the people and intellectual forces in the culture, and choose to practice their professions with a rich awareness of God's commands to serve others and explore His creation.
- They will put their faith into action by serving others so that service becomes a life-long habit and source of joy.
- They will deal honestly and graciously with everyone as they live in daily, cheerful obedience to God's commands.