The mission of the library program is to prepare students to be effective users of ideas and information as well as cultivating inquisitive, life-long learners.
Librarian: Leslie Schoenherr, MLS
Assistant: Phyllis Martin
7:30-5:30, Monday through Friday
Collection & Access
- 8,000 volumes
- 50 periodical titles
- 600 DVDs and videos
- Databases: 31 Gale databases; Worldbook and Proquest Newspapers
- Full internet access and more than a dozen desktops for student use.
All library materials circulate for a term with due dates in Nov., Jan., March and June.
Library Skills Classes
- Information Literacy for 6th and 8th grades
- Information Navigation for incoming 9th graders
Book discussions, literary trivia contests, poetry readings, author visits, cartoon & anime contests, and more.
Listed below are some of the on-line resources currently available to the LCA community and directly accessible through the LCA library homepage on Moodle:
- Gale Virtual Reference Library
- Gale Powersearch (Infotrac periodicals)
- Literature Resource Center
- Biography Resource Center
- Health Reference Center Academic
- Full Suite of Gale databases from the Mass Bd. of Lib Commissioners
- World Book Encyclopedia(English and Spanish version)
- Proquest Newspapers: Boston & local newspapers
- Facts on File: Issues & Controversies; Health Reference Center
- Mass. Board of Library Commissioners
- Minuteman Library Network
- Noodletools (an online citation maker and note card organizer)