At Lexington Christian Academy, we are proud of our long tradition of welcoming international students into our community. Currently, LCA’s international students represent a variety of countries, including Brazil, Canada, China, Poland, and South Korea. These students live with host families that are arranged privately. We actively seek to promote better understanding between cultures in the classroom and in the world.
We are pleased to accept qualified international students entering grades 8-11.
Applying to LCA
To best serve our international students, we require the following procedures for an application requiring an I-20:
- Complete and return the LCA Application, Parent Statement, and Student Statement along with the $50 application fee. Note: The parent statement must be completed by the parent, not the guardian.
- Obtain three letters of recommendation:
- One from the student’s current Mathematics teacher
- One from the student’s current English teacher
- An additional recommendation from an adult who knows the student well
- Forward a translated copy of academic records for the previous school year and most recently completed academic term, including a brief description of the content of each course taken and an assessment as to how the applicant ranks in his/her class.
- Forward a copy of TOEFL scores. If your student has taken the SSAT, please forward the scores to LCA as well.
- Provide contact information (name, address, telephone) for the guardian you have selected. This information must be updated and accurate at all times.
- Please submit a graded writing sample written in English for an academic class. The sample should be no less than 250 words.
- Once all of this paperwork is received by LCA, you must schedule a personal interview that will include the student and parent or guardian. NOTE: You must call first to set up this interview. We are unable to accommodate interviews and tours without a prior appointment. For students living outside the Greater Boston Area, please schedule a Skype interview.
- Forward a detailed verification of how you plan to meet the tuition. The 2013-2014 academic year tuition for International Students is $28,950.
- International students are required to report to campus in the end of August, one week prior to the start of classes. Please make travel arrangements to ensure the student’s arrival in time to participate in our required International Student Orientation which will occur during this week.
- LCA must be kept informed of any address changes of the student’s parents or guardian(s).
- At the end of the school year, students must have their I-20 visa signed by the appropriate Homeland Security Advisor at LCA before leaving the country. Please see the advisor one week prior to your departure from the United States to be sure you are in compliance with all regulations.