Get Involved - Volunteer
Lexington Christian Academy would not be the extraordinary school that it is without the alumni, parents, and friends who give their time and talents each year. Volunteering is a great way to make a difference at LCA, while becoming more connected to the LCA community. As a parent, volunteering at LCA provides the perfect opportunity to become a part of your child’s school and the LCA family. As an alumnus/a, you can renew old friendships, discover new ones, and get reconnected to the LCA community.
Opportunities are numerous and can be suited to your personality and availability. Below are some of the ways you can volunteer at LCA:
- DININGROOM VOLUNTEERS: Help to prepare the day’s menu and to serve it during the lunch blocks to our students. Contact Dining Room Manager Steve Schmidt at firstname.lastname@example.org or 781-862-7850 x130.
- GUEST TEACHERS & LECTURERS: In March, we host Interim – a week of special classes for students. If you would like to share your career or hobby with students, please consider volunteering this week. Past guest teachers have taught on architecture, money issues, cooking, Asian studies and more! Contact Scott Stevens at email@example.com or 781-862-7850 x 137.
- HOSTESSES AND HOSTS: Throughout the year we hold a variety of receptions, concerts and other activities where we need people to set up the food, greet, and assist with clean up. Some of these include:
- Academy Preview Days in the fall and winter
- Theatre productions in the fall, winter and spring
- Concerts in December and April
- Interim in March
- ArtsFest in May
- Class Day Breakfast in June
- To help with hostessing, please contact Jill Schuhmacher at firstname.lastname@example.org or 781-862-7850 x123.
- MAILINGS AND OFFICE ASSISTANCE: We often need extra hands to help us prepare for special mailings or events. Volunteers can participate during the day, when they come to pick up their student or we can arrange a time for you to help from your own home. Contact Jill Schuhmacher at email@example.com or 781-862-7850 x123.
- PARENTS IN PRAYER: Meets every Wednesday morning from 7:50 - 9:00 AM to pray for the LCA community. All parents are welcome whether for the full hour or for as long as a parent can stay. If you have questions, please contact Jill Schuhmacher at firstname.lastname@example.org or 781-862-7850 x123 and she will have a Parent in Prayer member call you back.
- PHONATHONS: Each year we embark on a phonathon fundraising initiative. Volunteers call our supporters and ask them to consider giving to the Academy Fund. Contact Michaela Woods at email@example.com or 781-862-7850 x149.